Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Favourite Lao Photo (Read 12275 times)

Old Man
Ex Member

Favourite Lao Photo
5th Apr, 2011 at 12:33am

This is my favourite Lao photo.  It wasn't taken by me but by a guest in our resort.

5577992747_dbc80d8152_z.jpg

Some photos are just photos.  Other photos actually 'speak' - they send a message.

What does this photo say to you?

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: Favourite Lao Photo
Reply #1 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 1:04am

It's a good photo. It has a harmonic feel to it. It really does.

Is that mother on the laft a Hmong? Even in NZ they strap their kids on like backpacks. That has to be a giveaway.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 1:24am

Larb Dip wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 1:04am:
It's a good photo. It has a harmonic feel to it. It really does.

Is that mother on the laft a Hmong? Even in NZ they strap their kids on like backpacks. That has to be a giveaway.

Yes, she's Hmong.

There's a Hmong village just along from the resort.  That's where the photo was taken.

IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #3 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 1:47am

Very cute picture. Look like other baby was sleeping.
Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #4 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 2:23am

We often hear ignorant/uniformed people from outside of Laos say things like "Hmong people are not wanted in Laos, and they are being killed".

That lady and her child doesn't look like they are in any danger.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 2:30am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 2:23am:
We often hear ignorant/uniformed people from outside of Laos say things like "Hmong people are not wanted in Laos, and they are being killed".

The Hmong people in the Hmong village next to us are our neighbours. 

None of them are being killed or mistreated either.

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #6 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 3:08am

From eyes of the little Caucasian girl (probably 3 years old), she does not feel any sense of ethnocentrism because she is reaching for the sleepy Lao boy.  We need more of this behavior through all stages in in one's life.  People are People.

Quote:
This is my favourite Lao photo.  It wasn't taken by me but by a guest in our resort.

[img]

Some photos are just photos.  Other photos actually 'speak' - they send a message.

What does this photo say to you?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #7 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 5:19am

Those that were killed was probably Hmong insurgent. Who refuse to lay down their armed. You can still get in trouble for talking about politics in Laos. No freedom of speech.
Cry

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #8 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 8:41am

llX wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 5:19am:

Those that were killed was probably Hmong insurgent. Who refuse to lay down their armed. You can still get in trouble for talking about politics in Laos. No freedom of speech.
Cry

Yep, the ones the CIA helped...and then abandoned to fend for themselves. I don't know why anyone trusts the CIA, you just know you're gonna get screwed eventually.

Also it looks to me like the white baby is touching the other baby's skin, seems to me she's fascinated by the different skin color that's all.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #9 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 8:57am

Yes, it's very cute. She is probably thinking "what is this brown thing".

IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 8:55pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 8:57am:
Yes, it's very cute. She is probably thinking "what is this brown thing".

In many east Asian countries, and especially when I lived in Japan, children always stare at my face in fascination.

But I have never figured out what exactly it was about my British face that fascinates them.

Eyes perhaps?

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 11:17pm

Your British face looks like an Asian, particularly a Laotian.

You do look like a Lao person, maybe it's because you've lived in Laos for two decades.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 24205 Last Post 7th Sep, 2024 at 7:37pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 38 324420 Last Post 22nd Aug, 2024 at 4:09pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 3 100451 Last Post 17th Aug, 2024 at 4:50pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 58282 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 120461 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 163564 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 97068 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 95436 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76383 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 60428 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum