Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Vientiane (Read 21824 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Pictures of Vientiane
Reply #15 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:43am

I grew up poor in Laos. Where I'm from you don't get to choose what you want to eat. You eat what you have. When I was a kids we look for frog, cricket, snake, bird, fish, crabs stuff like that.
Tongue Tongue

Larb Dip wrote on 10th Apr, 2011 at 9:12pm:
Larb Dip and Lao Democratic know REAL (peasant) food when we see it. Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #16 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:54am

I feel sorry for you, I really do, but you're living in a better place now (USA).

I didn't grow up poor in Laos, middle-class for Lao standards because I'm from the city of Vientiane, so my mother fed me well and provided me with all the necessities during my childhood.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #17 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:59am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:54am:
I feel sorry for you, I really do, but you're living in a better place now (USA).

I didn't grow up poor in Laos, middle-class for Lao standards because I'm from the city of Vientiane, so my mother fed me well and provided me with all the necessities during my childhood.

You are lucky Admins. I was poor in Laos, but have place to live and food to eat. My grandparent was a farmer. I go out hunting, look for animals for fun with friends and eat them too.
Smiley Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #18 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 1:29am

It can be fun to go out hunting when you were a young boy. It's a form of entertainment, instead of playing computer games.

If you had a place to live in Laos, and your family can find ways to survive, then they are intelligent people.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #19 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 1:45am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 1:29am:
It can be fun to go out hunting when you were a young boy. It's a form of entertainment, instead of playing computer games.

If you had a place to live in Laos, and your family can find ways to survive, then they are intelligent people.

My dad family side was a farmer, my mom side is a city people and live in Vientiane. When  you are kids all you need is a sling shot. We like to play in the wood looking for fruit, and animals. Life was peaceful and simple.
Shocked Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #20 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 3:21am

My life in Laos parallels your's Lao Democratic.  My grew up very poor too if you define 'poor' in terms of available money to be spend.  However we did have land to live on where we grew rice, grew veggies and fruits and hunt for animals in the forest.  We did not really need to use money unless if want something from the city.  I had only one t-shirt and never had a sandal or shoe while living in Laos.  As a boy I carried a sling shot with me all the time and I will try to kill animal that we can eat.  Our village was Ban Napong.  What village or town were you from?

llX wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 1:45am:

My dad family side was a farmer, my mom side is a city people and live in Vientiane. When  you are kids all you need is a sling shot. We like to play in the wood looking for fruit, and animals. Life was peaceful and simple.
Shocked Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #21 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 3:43am

My dad had a jobs, but low salary so we didn't have much money. Sometime we live with grandparent who's a farmer. I was from Ban Cha Leurn, Vientiane. My grandparent live in Ban Nam Kieng.

How old were you when you moved to the U.S?
Cool Smiley

PEACE wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 3:21am:
My life in Laos parallels your's Lao Democratic.  My grew up very poor too if you define 'poor' in terms of available money to be spend.  However we did have land to live on where we grew rice, grew veggies and fruits and hunt for animals in the forest.  We did not really need to use money unless if want something from the city.  I had only one t-shirt and never had a sandal or shoe while living in Laos.  As a boy I carried a sling shot with me all the time and I will try to kill animal that we can eat.  Our village was Ban Napong.  What village or town were you from?

My dad family side was a farmer, my mom side is a city people and live in Vientiane. When  you are kids all you need is a sling shot. We like to play in the wood looking for fruit, and animals. Life was peaceful and simple.
Shocked Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #22 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 4:38pm

I was 8 and left Laos in 1980, stayed in Thailand (refugee camp) for 6 months and then came to the US.  The camp was hell.

llX wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 3:43am:
My dad had a jobs, but low salary so we didn't have much money. Sometime we live with grandparent who's a farmer. I was from Ban Cha Leurn, Vientiane. My grandparent live in Ban Nam Kieng.

Cool Smiley

My life in Laos parallels your's Lao Democratic.  My grew up very poor too if you define 'poor' in terms of available money to be spend.  However we did have land to live on where we grew rice, grew veggies and fruits and hunt for animals in the forest.  We did not really need to use money unless if want something from the city.  I had only one t-shirt and never had a sandal or shoe while living in Laos.  As a boy I carried a sling shot with me all the time and I will try to kill animal that we can eat.  Our village was Ban Napong.  What village or town were you from?

Shocked Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #23 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 6:23am

wow chicken looks real tasty.  I went to Laos last year on my way to Savannakhet we stopped by ban xeno by the road side and ate ping kai and tum mark hung.....oi ya ya my mouth is watering, talking about it. lol

I only lived in Laos about same age as jackspade 9 or 10 years old.  My dad was a police man in Suan mon and my uncle was general in the army, not communists army.  We had everything our neighbors had.  I am not trying to be keemo. Although, I was just like any other boys....play with marbles, sling shot, play soccer, go to nam khong, play hide and seek.  We had huge rice fields, on the weekend we would go fishing and hang around....just enjoy nature.  I think I was normal boy like others. In fact, I hated playing with my rich friends.  lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #24 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 6:46am

I left Laos in 1990 at age 11. Got lucky my family was sponsor by a relative and come straight to the U.S. We didn't stay in refugee camp at all. I heard a lot of bad story from friends about Thai camp.
Cool

PEACE wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 4:38pm:
I was 8 and left Laos in 1980, stayed in Thailand (refugee camp) for 6 months and then came to the US.  The camp was hell.

llX wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 3:43am:

Cool Smiley

Shocked Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #25 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 6:49am

I still remember my childhood in Laos. Life was relaxing and simple. When you was a kids you only care about playing and have fun. Not worry about any responsibly.
Smiley Shocked

LaoguySoCal wrote on 12th Apr, 2011 at 6:23am:
wow chicken looks real tasty.  I went to Laos last year on my way to Savannakhet we stopped by ban xeno by the road side and ate ping kai and tum mark hung.....oi ya ya my mouth is watering, talking about it. lol

I only lived in Laos about same age as jackspade 9 or 10 years old.  My dad was a police man in Suan mon and my uncle was general in the army, not communists army.  We had everything our neighbors had.  I am not trying to be keemo. Although, I was just like any other boys....play with marbles, sling shot, play soccer, go to nam khong, play hide and seek.  We had huge rice fields, on the weekend we would go fishing and hang around....just enjoy nature.  I think I was normal boy like others. In fact, I hated playing with my rich friends.  lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 3 102185 Last Post 18th Sep, 2024 at 5:27pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 26414 Last Post 7th Sep, 2024 at 7:37pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 38 325242 Last Post 22nd Aug, 2024 at 4:09pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 58858 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 120990 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 164024 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 97472 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 95777 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76667 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 60635 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum