Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
lao parties (Read 41712 times)

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: lao parties
Reply #45 - 5th Apr, 2011 at 11:56pm

Quote:
llX wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 5:09am:
That might be a good business idea in Laos. Jet ski, pontoon boat and tubing, ski boat rentals.
Shocked

I thought of suggesting a jet ski business to Larb Dip since he said he wanted to be a 'pioneer'.  Just please don't do it on our bit of river!

I'm sure most of the people don't know what a dive flag looks like.

Here is one for your information.

[img]

We have already eavesdropped in regards to the mannerisms of Laos' 'upper class'. Since they're the only REAL people in Laos with any surplus, I don't think it would be a good investment. All that dirt and grime doesn't appeal to some, it seems. Banking on foreigners alone isn't that profitable. You to actually need to be able entice locals who you know will demand an encore, and rush back to hand over their hard-earned.Frequently! I will pass on this oppurtunity.

However, please feel free to suggest any other money making schemes that you think up. I will sit here, and select the best. Wink

Thanks. Smiley

I was thinking of opening up a PROPER bottle, by the way. None of this siphoning off nonsense they sell on the side of the roads. I can't understand how anybody actually TRUST these vendors. What's stopping them from diluting the liquor with vinegar? Anyway, someone has probably beaten me to the gun here, and killed off all my entrepreneur aspirations. We all know such an embarkment would be major HIT! anywhere AND everywhere in Laos. Cool

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #46 - 6th Apr, 2011 at 12:32am

JSEA wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 8:12am:
Also Larb Dip, a lot of backpackers go to Vang Vieng where they float down the river on tubes while drinking beer and other interesting concoctions. I can't say I was too impressed with the people I saw wearing Vang Vieng tubing shirts though.

What 'people' are we talking about here mate?

You sound like you go to Laos often. Alright, I'm gonna put you on the spot right here: Which country is better - in your opinion - Laos or Thailand? Cool

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #47 - 6th Apr, 2011 at 6:25am

JSEA want to move to Laos.
Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #48 - 6th Apr, 2011 at 6:28am

About 2.5 million tourist a year visited Laos. They're there to spend money. Average Lao worker make $80 a month so they don't have much extra to spend for fun. Jet ski is expensive used one cost $2,000-$6000. Same with pontoon boat.
Shocked

Larb Dip wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 11:56pm:
Quote:
llX wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 5:09am:
That might be a good business idea in Laos. Jet ski, pontoon boat and tubing, ski boat rentals.
Shocked

I thought of suggesting a jet ski business to Larb Dip since he said he wanted to be a 'pioneer'.  Just please don't do it on our bit of river!

I'm sure most of the people don't know what a dive flag looks like.

Here is one for your information.

[img]

We have already eavesdropped in regards to the mannerisms of Laos' 'upper class'. Since they're the only REAL people in Laos with any surplus, I don't think it would be a good investment. All that dirt and grime doesn't appeal to some, it seems. Banking on foreigners alone isn't that profitable. You to actually need to be able entice locals who you know will demand an encore, and rush back to hand over their hard-earned.Frequently! I will pass on this oppurtunity.

However, please feel free to suggest any other money making schemes that you think up. I will sit here, and select the best. Wink

Thanks. Smiley

I was thinking of opening up a PROPER bottle, by the way. None of this siphoning off nonsense they sell on the side of the roads. I can't understand how anybody actually TRUST these vendors. What's stopping them from diluting the liquor with vinegar? Anyway, someone has probably beaten me to the gun here, and killed off all my entrepreneur aspirations. We all know such an embarkment would be major HIT! anywhere AND everywhere in Laos. Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #49 - 6th Apr, 2011 at 12:18pm

Larb Dip wrote on 6th Apr, 2011 at 12:32am:
JSEA wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 8:12am:
Also Larb Dip, a lot of backpackers go to Vang Vieng where they float down the river on tubes while drinking beer and other interesting concoctions. I can't say I was too impressed with the people I saw wearing Vang Vieng tubing shirts though.

What 'people' are we talking about here mate?

You sound like you go to Laos often. Alright, I'm gonna put you on the spot right here: Which country is better - in your opinion - Laos or Thailand? Cool

555, young backpackers. They get really drunk, and do tonnns of drugs. The two most common types of tourists I have seen are these, and old guys on sex vacations. I'm not judging either type for what they do, but the backpackers tend to be more annoying.

As far as which country I like better... I've only been to Vientiane for about a week and a half total. But in general I like Lao people/culture more, because the people seem to be friendlier, and also more genuinely friendly (not as many fake friendly people as in Thailand), and the culture is even more laid back than Thailand e.g. I don't have to worry about hi-so wannabes looking down on me for eating som tam and sticky rice with my fingers.

That being said, Thailand has nice beaches and islands Cheesy, and for the most part people are really friendly...but it seems like more people are  obsessed with money here. This ruins it a little because you have to be very careful of who you trust, because a lot of people just see a farang, and want to get money out of them.

I guess the short answer is I don't know, there are things I like about both countries.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #50 - 6th Apr, 2011 at 3:30pm

What you are saying is true JSEA. Most old tourist are sex tourist, young one are there to party and buy cheap drug. About 14 million tourist a year visited Thailand so criminals organization are out there trying to scam tourist. When they see farang they see ATM machine. That's why many farang prefer to live and marry Lao women in Isan.

Laos is laid back and easy going. Life in Laos is quite and simple. Most Lao people are nice and friendly. Some are not. If you want nice suburban live like small US city then Laos is the place. Its developing, crimes is low compare to Bangkok because of small population and culture.
Cool Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 3 102228 Last Post 18th Sep, 2024 at 5:27pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 26428 Last Post 7th Sep, 2024 at 7:37pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 38 325264 Last Post 22nd Aug, 2024 at 4:09pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 58867 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 120997 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 164031 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 97478 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 95782 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76672 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 60638 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum